Monday, August 23, 2010

Goals for web design

I'd like to get a good understanding of web design. I've done basic design before, and I've set up my own web page, but I'm entirely self taught and would like to know more about what makes good design. I would like to learn some of the finer points of HTML and style sheets. I’ve used both in the past but I’ve depended on WYSWG software such as DreamWeaver and don’t know the code behind it. I know that there’s much more that these tools can do that than what I’m currently using.

Also I’d like to gain some marketable skills in this area. I’m currently studying graphic design but would also like to do some professional web design. Web design is a necessary skill to be able to be marketable and competitive in today’s marketplace. I’d like to freelance with a focus in providing graphic services to small businesses in the area and being able to offer a complete package of graphic, marketing and web services would increase sales potential.

I’d also like to use this class as an opportunity to revamp my personal webspace. There’s much more I would like to do with it, I’ve just lacked the skills and the time to make it truly what I want it to be.

I have no fears or apprehension in using the Internet. I’ve been on the ‘net since 1994 and understand the power the web brings. I’ve often said that I know we lived in a time without Internet, because I lived through it, but for the life of me I don’t remember how we ever managed. The web is a powerful tool and everyone needs to appreciate and use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment