Monday, September 13, 2010

The Web Development Process

The web development process is similar to any other design process. First you must meet with the client to determine their specific wants and needs. You want to determine their problems so that you can develop an appropriate solution. You need to spend time researching their business or project and learn as much about it as you can. Then you need to sit down and start to develop a design. You need to determine what content they’ll need and how best to organize it within the site. Then you can work on the overall look and feel of the website and start the actual design of it. Once you create the site you should upload it for testing and client approval then launch and maintain the site.

Personally, I am most interested in the design aspects of web design as well as content creation and overall organization. While I am interested in learning code and CSS, I know that my personal strengths lie in layout and design as well as writing. This ties in with my design interests and career experiences. While I am interested in learning about more involved programming this is not an area I believe I’ll explore in depth. I’d like to work with a programmer to create websites.

I’m also very interested in the ever developing area of social media and integrating that into websites. The current trend in facebook and twitter and other social sites makes it much easier to tie everything together for the user.

No comments:

Post a Comment